Friday, January 23, 2004

Kirana and The Snowman

It was Friday morning, time for parents and children to read a book together. We were a little bit late, so we rushed through the gate and went to the classroom. I saw some mums were reading for their children. Kirana picked up a blue book on top of a shelf. There was a picture of a snowman on its cover.

I read all along while Kirana sat on my lap. She pointed on several pictures and said, "Look, Ayah. The snowman has a hat and a scarf." She looked very happy. I was happy as well. I read books for Kirana many times. This one was different, though. The bond between me and her totally different.

"The end," Kirana said and closed the book. I gave her a big hug before leaving. Before cathching the first bus, I glanced her classroom once again. There was something in my heart...
(foto : amazon.co.uk)

No comments: